On Saturday, May 28, 1910, seven members were constituted as the North Chattanooga Old School or Primitive Baptist Church. The congregation’s first place of worship was located on E. Kent Street in North Chattanooga (also known as Hill City).
Shortly after its organization the church affiliated herself with the Sequatchie Valley association of churches, and has sent representatives ever since then to these association meetings. Later this group combined with the Blue Ridge association of churches to form the Sequatchie Valley-Blue Ridge Association.
In April, 1926, the first meeting was held in the building at 2502 E. 12th Street. At this meeting the name of the church was changed to Chattanooga Primitive Baptist Church.
This building was sold in August, 1971, and construction of the present building commenced in April, 1972. The first services were held in the new building on January 7, 1973. Elder Joe F. Hildreth was called to serve in 1972 and continued to serve for over forty years. The church called Elder J. Andrew Huffman as pastor in 2002 and has been blessed under his leadership to the present day. Elder James Hindman was ordained in 2014 and has continued to serve and teach.